Warzone 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to Activision’s free-to-play battle royale game, Call of Duty: Warzone. It is scheduled to be released on March 8, 2024, alongside the upcoming Call of Duty title, Modern Warfare 2.
Warzone 2 will feature a brand-new map, new weapons and vehicles, and a number of gameplay changes. One of the most notable changes is the introduction of a new Gulag system. That will allow players to earn a second chance at victory by defeating another player in a 1v1 duel.
New Map: Al Mazrah
The biggest change in Warzone 2 is the addition of a brand-new map called Al Mazrah. This new map is located in a made-up Middle Eastern country called the Republic of Adal. That is also where the story and multiplayer parts of Modern Warfare II take place. Al Mazrah is the biggest and most detailed map ever made for Call of Duty. It has 18 interesting places to explore with different kinds of landscapes. Players will get to check out a big city, coastal towns, storage areas, deserts, rocky mountains, underground spaces, industrial zones, rivers, and a whole city. You can also find different vehicles on land, in the air, and in the water to move around quickly and fight better.
Gameplay Changes: Gulag, Circle, DMZ, and More
Warzone 2 also brings several gameplay changes and innovations that aim to enhance the battle royale experience. One of the most notable changes is the Gulag, which is now a 2v2 mode instead of a 1v1 mode. Players will be paired at random and fight against another duo for a chance to respawn. They will enter the Gulag with a pre-selected loadout but can find better weapons and gear near the center of the map. There is also a new way to escape the Gulag: by killing an AI enemy called The Jailer, who holds a key to the prison. The Jailer will spawn toward the middle of the match, and defeating him will result in all four players respawning in the main game. However, this also creates an opportunity for duos to team up and take on the Jailer together.
Another change in Warzone 2 is how the map gets smaller as the game goes on. In the previous game, the map would shrink in a circular pattern, but in Warzone 2, it’s different. The shrinking area can change in various ways inside the circle. That means that some parts of the map might become off-limits sooner or later than others. This makes the game more exciting and unpredictable. Players will need to adjust to these changes and come up with new strategies as the game progresses.
This game also adds a new feature called the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone), which is a high-risk, high-reward area that appears randomly on the map. The DMZ is marked by a red circle on the mini-map and contains valuable loot and contracts. However, it also attracts more enemies and has reduced visibility due to smoke and dust. Players who enter the DMZ will have to rely on their skills and tactics to survive and secure their rewards.
Meta: Best Weapons and Loadouts
In Warzone 2, the game’s strategies and choices of weapons are strongly affected by the weapons and load-outs from Modern Warfare II. This is because both games use the same engine and mechanics, making them quite similar. However, there are also some differences and adjustments that make some weapons more viable than others in the battle royale mode. Based on the current data from wzstats.gg.
Here are some of the best weapons and load-outs for Warzone 2:
This assault rifle is one of the most popular and versatile weapons in Warzone 2. It has high damage, accuracy, range, and fire rate, making it ideal for long-range engagements. It can also handle well in close to medium-range fights with the right attachments. A recommended loadout for this weapon is a Monolithic Suppressor, Kastov Marksman Barrel, VLK Optic Sight, Commando Foregrip, and 60 Round Mags.
This submachine gun is another top choice for Warzone 2 players. It has incredible mobility, fire rate, handling, and hip-fire accuracy, making it perfect for close-range combat. It can also shred enemies at medium range with its low recoil and decent damage. A recommended loadout for this weapon is Monolithic Suppressor, Lachmann Sub Barrel (Short), Tac Laser Sight (Green), Merc Foregrip (Green), and Lachmann Sub Mag (50 Round).
This assault rifle is a newcomer to Warzone 2 that has quickly risen to prominence. It has excellent damage, range, and stability, making it a reliable and consistent weapon for long-range fights. It can also compete with other assault rifles and SMGs at medium range with its fast fire rate and low recoil. A recommended loadout for this weapon is a Monolithic Suppressor, TR-76 Geist Barrel (Long), VLK Optic Sight, Commando Foregrip, and 60 Round Mags.
This submachine gun is another newcomer to Warzone 2 that has gained popularity among players. It has high damage, fire rate, and mobility, making it a deadly weapon for close-range encounters. It can also perform well at medium range with its moderate recoil and good accuracy. A recommended loadout for this weapon is Monolithic Suppressor, BAS-P Barrel (Short), Tac Laser Sight (Green), Merc Foregrip (Green), and BAS-P Mag (50 Round).
This sniper rifle is the best choice for long-range sniping in Warzone 2. It has high damage, range, and bullet velocity, making it capable of one-shot kills to the head and chest. It also has a fast ADS speed and a large magazine capacity, making it easier to hit moving targets and take multiple shots. A recommended loadout for this weapon is a Monolithic Suppressor, Signal 50 Barrel (Long), Variable Zoom Scope, FTAC Stalker Stock, and 9 Round Mags.
Battle Pass: Rewards and Challenges
Warzone 2 is bringing its battle pass system, which is different from the one in Modern Warfare II. But if you have both games, you can work on both battle passes at the same time by playing either game. The Warzone 2 battle pass has 100 levels of rewards, like new weapons, characters, skins, weapon designs, charms, stickers, emblems, sprays, and more.
Here are some of the cool things you can get in the Warzone 2 battle pass:
- Tier 1: Spawn Operator Skin and Finishing Move
- Tier 15: Kastov 762 Blueprint
- Tier 31: Lachmann Sub Blueprint
- Tier 45: TR-76 Geist Blueprint
- Tier 55: BAS-P Blueprint
- Tier 71: Signal 50 Blueprint
- Tier 85: Chimera Blueprint
- Tier 100: Dark Ritual Operator Skin and Finishing Move
The Warzone 2 battle pass will also feature challenges that will reward players with XP, COD Points, and exclusive items. Some of the challenges are:
- Get 10 kills with a sniper rifle in Warzone 2
- Complete 5 contracts in the DMZ in Warzone 2
- Survive the Gulag as a duo in Warzone 2
- Win a match of Warzone 2 with at least one kill from each weapon category
- Reach the top 10 in Warzone 2 with only pistols
Other Notable Changes in Warzone 2
In addition to the new Gulag system, Warzone 2 will also feature a number of other gameplay changes, such as:
- New Vehicles: Warzone 2 will feature a variety of new vehicles, including helicopters, cars, and trucks. Players will be able to use these vehicles to get around the map quickly and to attack their opponents.
- New Map: Warzone 2 will feature a brand-new map, which is rumored to be set in a desert environment. The new map will be larger and more diverse than the Verdansk map from Warzone, with a variety of different biomes and terrain types.
- New Weapons: Warzone 2 will feature a variety of new weapons, including assault rifles, submachine guns, sniper rifles, and light machine guns. Many of these new weapons will be based on real-world firearms, while others will be more futuristic.
- New Gameplay Mechanics: Warzone 2 will introduce a number of new gameplay mechanics, such as a new swimming system and a new looting system. Players will be able to use these new mechanics to gain an advantage over their opponents.
System Requirements For Warzone 2
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 or Windows 11 64-bit||Windows 10 or Windows 11 64-bit||Windows 10 or Windows 11 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel Core i3-6100 / Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen 3 1200||Intel Core i5-6600K / Core i7-4770 or AMD Ryzen 5 1400||Intel Core i7-8700K or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X||Intel Core i9-9900K or AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|
|RAM||8 GB||12 GB||16 GB||16 GB|
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon RX 470 with 2 GB of video memory||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 580 with 4 GB of video memory||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti or AMD Radeon RX 5700XT with 8 GB of video memory||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT with 10 GB of video memory|
|Storage Space||125 GB||125 GB||125 GB||189 GB|
How to Download And Install Warzone 2?
There are different ways to download and install Warzone 2 on a PC, depending on which platform you prefer. You can use Steam, Battle.net, or the official website of Call of Duty.
Here are the steps for each option:
- Steam: To download and install Warzone 2, open the Steam Store and search for “Warzone 2”. Once you find it, navigate to the Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 store page. Scroll down below the video and click on the green “Play Game” button. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
- Battle.net: Log in to Battle.net, go to All Games, and find Call of Duty: Warzone 2. Click Install to download and install.
- Official website: Go to the official website of Call Of Duty and click on the “Play Free Now” button. You will be redirected to a page where you can choose your platform. Select PC and follow the instructions to download and install Warzone 2.
Warzone 2 is going to be a major and thrilling addition to the Call of Duty series. Warzone 2 introduces a new map, gameplay adjustments, strategy changes, and a battle pass. This combination offers an exciting battle royale experience for both new and experienced players. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned gamer, there’s something fresh for everyone to enjoy. Whether you like shooting from a distance, getting up close for combat, or just exploring the big map, Warzone 2 has something for everyone. Prepare to jump into Al Mazrah on November 16 and be part of the battle for survival.